Topic: Robotic Process Automation
Is your organization’s RPA program set-up for success? Mindfields’ CoE.exe can help!
Driven by our value system of ‘Learning to unlearn’, Mindfields have historically been a front runner in adopting new technologies. We strive in the environment of rapid technology-driven change, and continually develop disruptive offerings to better meet our customers’ requirements. CoE.exe is our latest such offering that enables a seamless set-up of an RPA Centre of Excellence (CoE) in an organsiation quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
An Automation Centre of Excellence (CoE) enables the optimal adoption of RPA by standardising and industrialising all stages of the Automation lifecycle. It facilitates the management and control of all Automation knowledge and capabilities across the organisation and increases the overall ability of the organisation to rapidly deploy Automation. It also helps organisations navigate through and resolve potentially difficult questions related to the ownership of the RPA program, sponsorship, the role of IT in supporting or managing the program, the operating model of the CoE, governance, risk management, organisational change management, and the associated policies and procedures among others. The CoE is therefore a critical foundational step in any organisation’s Automation journey, as it progresses from adopting RPA to chatbots and other wider Artificial Intelligence initiatives.
Our CoE.exe packaged offering comprises a Framework and associated Tools and Templates required to deploy and manage automation in an organisation.
Component 1 - The Framework is the key reference document that guides the organisation through the CoE setup. The five different modules in the Framework, among them, cater to the end-to-end management of the organisation’s RPA footprint. The Strategic Orientation module helps define the foundational guiding principles and the organisation’s vision for the automation program. The Operational and Governance Structure module helps establish the CoE operating model, the governance structure, the CoE composition and the associated roles and responsibilities. The Operations module helps define the day-to-day management and operation of the CoE and comprises aspects like risk management, change management, knowledge management and continuous improvement among others. The Policies and Procedure module helps establish key automation related policies and procedures like the incident management policy, change management policy, sign-off documents, disaster recovery and business continuity planning etc. The final module, the Technical Specification Guidelines, provides an in-depth overview of the infrastructure requirements for the platform to be set, leading practice configuration / scripting guidelines, and support and maintenance guidelines to help manage the lifecycle of the automated processes.
Component 2 – Tools and Templates complements the Framework and supports the day-to-day operations of the CoE. Our Process Prioritisation tool helps select and prioritise suitable candidate processes for automation. Our Business Case tool helps with the detailed financial feasibility assessment or the selected processes and produces output metrics like Gross Benefit, Net Benefit, NPV, Payback Period etc. The other templates include Standard Job Descriptions pre-provided in the toolbox to resource and scale up the CoE as required. And then, there is our “Art of the Possible Risk Log”, which is a repository of common risks observed in automation programs globally, aimed at helping our clients mitigate and manage risks even before they manifest.
Key Benefits: Key benefits of the offering include, but are not limited to:
- Fixed fee and a rapid deployment cycle of 3-5 weeks: An RPA CoE set-up engagement does not have to take months and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. With Mindfields’ CoE.exe, our clients can now realise relatively better outcomes at a fraction of time and cost compared to the prevalent industry norms.
- Proven and tested approach, tools and templates: Our tools and templates like our automation process prioritisation framework, or the business case financial model are time tested, and come with a 6-month support warranty to take care of any unique exceptions or general queries whilst our clients acclimatise themselves to these tools.
- Enhanced focus on stakeholder management and RPA adoption: With an already established set of framework, tools and templates, the focus is on higher stakeholder engagement through multiple workshops and one-on-one sessions, and customising the artefacts based on inputs received from the different stakeholder groups.
- Scalable CoE model allows low upfront investment in the CoE setup and operations: Our framework lends inherent flexibility for the incipient CoE to scale up as determined by business need. It can start slow, gradually learn and gain momentum as the RPA operations in the organisation ramp up.
- Robust governance structure: Our framework focuses on establishing a robust governance structure, with clearly defined roles and responsibilities from the business, CoE, IT and other support functions.
- Focus on IT-business partnership for the success of the CoE: Our framework helps define the role of IT in running and managing the CoE (which can vary across organisations). In most organisations, IT partners with the business to provide appropriate infrastructure, access rights and security among others. With a clear division of duties and responsibilities, the business-CoE-IT partnership is key to ensuring the success of the automation initiatives in the organisation.
By providing a Do It Yourself Automation CoE solution at a Fixed Price, that is Scalable to chatbots and AI that can be Rapidly rolled-out, Mindfields is progressing its commitment of enabling its clients “Grow for Tomorrow”.
- Please contact me to discuss how we can roll out a custom Automation Centre of Excellence for you, and get you started on the journey.
- Watch a brief video of the offering here.
- Refer to the attached coverage of our offering by the Australian Financial Review.